Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,251 Posts
It's just an editing/rendering function; the videos are treated as clips or scenes that can be placed and edited on a timeline for a resulting contiguous video output rendering.

·
Registered
80 Posts
WMM does have just one video timeline, as you say. You probably can't do what you want to do in that program - namely have all 3 videos playing at the same time.

Pinnacle 12 has a feature called Montage. There are several templates you can choose from and add still photos or videos in each of these spots. These would then all play at the same time.

There is also the PIP (picture in picture) feature in which you can have two videos going at the same time.

Do a search on YouTube for Pinnacle 12 Montage and PIP and you can see these features.

Of course, Pinnacle 12 is not free.

Good luck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WMM does have just one video timeline, as you say. You probably can't do what you want to do in that program - namely have all 3 videos playing at the same time.

Pinnacle 12 has a feature called Montage. There are several templates you can choose from and add still photos or videos in each of these spots. These would then all play at the same time.

There is also the PIP (picture in picture) feature in which you can have two videos going at the same time.

Do a search on YouTube for Pinnacle 12 Montage and PIP and you can see these features.

Of course, Pinnacle 12 is not free.

Good luck.
Ok. I have it installed. I have found the montage option, but have absolutely no clue on how to use it.

The only tutorials I see are for pictures....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Okay, are you saying you have Pinnacle 12 installed?

If that's the case, then this is how to do it.

1. Choose Montage Themes from the Album in the toolbar

2. Choose the MultiLayer Mix and notice the box that has 3 equal sized rectanges in it. In my Pinnacle set up it is the 1st one in the 3rd row.

3. Drag the box into the timeline. You will then have 3 drop zones to place your videos into.

4. Scroll through your videos and drop the ones you want into the drop zones.

5. Select the clip in the timeline to play it. Be sure you are at the beginning of the clip.

6. All three videos will play at the same time. If necessary drag the right hand side of the clip out to extend the playing time if it cuts off too soon.

7. That should do it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, are you saying you have Pinnacle 12 installed?

If that's the case, then this is how to do it.

1. Choose Montage Themes from the Album in the toolbar

2. Choose the MultiLayer Mix and notice the box that has 3 equal sized rectanges in it. In my Pinnacle set up it is the 1st one in the 3rd row.

3. Drag the box into the timeline. You will then have 3 drop zones to place your videos into.

4. Scroll through your videos and drop the ones you want into the drop zones.

5. Select the clip in the timeline to play it. Be sure you are at the beginning of the clip.

6. All three videos will play at the same time. If necessary drag the right hand side of the clip out to extend the playing time if it cuts off too soon.

7. That should do it.
You sir, are a life saver. One last question.

The videos are out of sync! I cant sync them individually. How do I sync them in the boxes? Can I? If not, how?

Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Since I have not had to sync any of my montages I am not sure I can help.

Are your 3 videos from 3 different cameras each focusing on a particular part of the scene that you are trying to sync?

If they are then it would seem to me that it is just a matter of editing and picking a common spot in each video to start with.

If it is just one video clip that you are splitting into 3 video clips then I don't see how it can be synced.

Let me know how it goes.

·
Banned
5,251 Posts
I've been using 12 for a while now and had no idea this was possible. You must have took the time to go on the guided tour or been looking for this specific function? Its very cool and usable in a world where large screen displays are becoming more and more common. Great find/tip/post!

I have a three video montage rendering right now to test. I didn't try to control the audio so I'm wondering what I'm going to get there and pulling the timeline out manually is a little clunky, but I'm sure I'll get it all figured out.

Hopefully the OP is having the same good discovery experience.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.