I still don't understand. I can only have ONE video in the timeline. It will not allow me to use 2.It's just an editing/rendering function; the videos are treated as clips or scenes that can be placed and edited on a timeline for a resulting contiguous video output rendering.
Ok. I have it installed. I have found the montage option, but have absolutely no clue on how to use it.WMM does have just one video timeline, as you say. You probably can't do what you want to do in that program - namely have all 3 videos playing at the same time.
Pinnacle 12 has a feature called Montage. There are several templates you can choose from and add still photos or videos in each of these spots. These would then all play at the same time.
There is also the PIP (picture in picture) feature in which you can have two videos going at the same time.
Do a search on YouTube for Pinnacle 12 Montage and PIP and you can see these features.
Of course, Pinnacle 12 is not free.
You sir, are a life saver. One last question.Okay, are you saying you have Pinnacle 12 installed?
If that's the case, then this is how to do it.
1. Choose Montage Themes from the Album in the toolbar
2. Choose the MultiLayer Mix and notice the box that has 3 equal sized rectanges in it. In my Pinnacle set up it is the 1st one in the 3rd row.
3. Drag the box into the timeline. You will then have 3 drop zones to place your videos into.
4. Scroll through your videos and drop the ones you want into the drop zones.
5. Select the clip in the timeline to play it. Be sure you are at the beginning of the clip.
6. All three videos will play at the same time. If necessary drag the right hand side of the clip out to extend the playing time if it cuts off too soon.
7. That should do it.