Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just downloaded it and I HATE it - absolutely hate it. Finally found my favorites - took forever. My screen is all weird and hard on the eyes - blurry. It stinks.

I'm hoping there is an easy, painless way of getting rid of it. I would appreciate any help that can be given.

Thanks!!!! Ravin

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
If you have your XP disk you can also use two free programs (net framework and nlite) to remove win. installation programs permanently - I just made a new disk without IE explorer, media player, outlook express and all of the drivers and language packs non specific to my computer. Original size was about 600mb and it went to 300mb. I installed it yesterday and am stunned at how well it works.
It's now more like a linux installation - just the OS - you add whatever else you need or want.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I remove the 7.0, will it automatically go back to the version I had before or do I have to find that again to install?

With the 7.0, is there a way for to change it so I can open links in Outlook? Since I downloaded 7.0, I can not open any links I receive through e-mail. I sure hope they are doing something to fix all the kinks - and why the heck release it before they figured this all out . . .

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
It will revert to the previous version you had.

You can still open links from Outlook/OE. Make sure IE is set as the default browser in "Set Program Access and Defaults.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
ravinsm said:
I just downloaded it and I HATE it - absolutely hate it. Finally found my favorites - took forever. My screen is all weird and hard on the eyes - blurry. It stinks
I am not sure why your installation is blurry and hard on your eyes. I have IE7 installed and it is not blurry at all. It does take a while to get accoustomed to the changes, but after adjusting to it, I really like it better than IE6 - especially the tabs (like Firefox has).

Of course, it's your decision - and I understand some people don't like the changes. If you uninstall it, as triple6 and guitar indicated, it WILL revert back to IE6.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for all the responses. I haven't deleted it yet - figured I would give it a day or two. I did check IE as the default browser (it had it checked to use the one I had currently - so it should have been using IE anyway) and it still does not let me open links through my outlook e-mails.

Where do I find the clear type at?

Thanks again! Ravin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.