Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently made backup copies of photos that i took in Iraq.
so i burned all of them with nero(as a data disk) onto 4 cd/rw disks.Every thing seemed to burn ok. after i finished with them i tried to read the imfo
now it doesnt recognize the disks. when i right click on the icon in my computer, s and properties it says (0 free and 0 used)
i know there is imfo on them i can see where it recorded.
it wont even let me burn over them again because it doesnt think the is a disk in the drive.
I can still burn anything else(on a cd/r). the drive is cd/rw compatible
and these pictures are not replaceable.

Please anyone, if you have any ideas,any software i could get,anything
thank you

Mark
[email protected] :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
If you open up My Computer, does the name of the CD drive change when you put the CD in?

If that isn't clear: if you have the CD out and go to My Computer, you're CD drive is probably labeled as CD-RW or something like that. Pop the CD in with the My Computer window open and see if the label of the drive changes (to whatever you named the CD when you burned it, i.e. PICTURES, IRAQ_PICTURES, etc...)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no the name of the disk does not change.
one thing i did notice is i installed(alcohol) burning software for image burning. and it put a virtual drive (e;)on my computer.i dont know if that means anything.
it just doesnt think there is anything in the drive.it should at the least think its blank and open up nero.please any more insite would help
thanks
Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used to have them on my hard drive.but they took up alot of room so i wanted to back them up and delete them of the hard drive.
no i hanvent been able to view them since i burned them.i took for granted that everything burned fine.
mabe nero didnt burn them correctly. and i never set it to simulate a burn.
i cant even burn something elso over them. cause the computer wont even see the disk.
and i have burned other stuff on these cds and they worked fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.