Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to bypass windows login?

Computer is running Windows Xp (just installed), hooked it up to a Office Domain. Ran fine first time with the login setup as follows after booting:-

step 1- CTRL+ALT+DEL

step 2 -I get to choose the domain name and input my username and password.

Problem is that today upon booting, I did'nt get the choice of selecting the domain name to login whereas all the office computers are connecting fine using same domain. keying my username and password doesnt log me in.

How can I resolve this?. All help appreciated !!!!

·
Registered
11,849 Posts
The key statement here is all of the office computers. I would contact your IT department and have them fix this for you. This is a security thing and helping you get around this might be a security issue here in that we might not be proper to help you with it.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
This way doesn't necessarily bypass the login....if you have an account, you could ask your IT tech department to set up autologin for you.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses, . This is a small office with no IT Dept.
I fresh installed win xp on a computer and did all the above mentioned myself. On the first day, Everything worked fine i.e logging to the domain. but now has problems as mentioned above. I dont have any choices cause the domain name doesnt show up. I hooked up two computers on same day and one is working fine.

Any ideas?

·
Banned
24,388 Posts
For some reason this computer was booted off the domain. Someone must have set up this network. How is the domain controller configured? If a reinstall still doesn't work, is there a policy in place blocking this machine? Have you tried a different machine account? Is the network using Active Directory?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.