Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am upgrading a file server. It provides network access and acts as a file server to @ 100 computers and I will probably add 50 more. These are student computers at a small private school.
How can I determine how big a file server I need. They seem to range in price from $450 to $14500. I am using Windows 2000 server.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John Meinzin said:
I am upgrading a file server. It provides network access and acts as a file server to @ 100 computers and I will probably add 50 more. These are student computers at a small private school.
How can I determine how big a file server I need. They seem to range in price from $450 to $14500. I am using Windows 2000 server.
I see advertized servers for 500 dollars with enough Harddrive space but others with seeming little difference for $5000. Is there a significant difference that causes the price difference?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The cost difference is based on hardware. I can assure you, there is a significant difference between machines in that price range. Given what you want to do which is just set up a basic file server, you can probably go with one of the cheaper ones. Just make sure it has enough hard drive space so you don't run out of space too quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.