Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive recently set up my Hotmail account so it runs in Outlook express, i'm only having one problem and that is how do i get my address book from hotmail into my address book in outlook?? Thanks in advance....

Mark

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you might have to take me through it step by step, i'm saving my address book from hotmail as a txt file but when i try to import it onto my outlook address book there is no option to load a text file.... Ta

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have the same problem as markwalker and I think you hold the key to resolve it. But, I've been running into all kinds of problem trying to follow your instructions. Here's what I do and what happens:

1. in Hotmail/Address Books I then go File/Save As/ and here I have a choice of 3 formats: HTML, Text Only, or All files. If I choose Text only, I get no bytes transferred. So, I have tried the other two, saving into Word, opening the HTML file and then resaving as a Text file.

2. Then in Outlook Express, I go File/import/other address books I then browse to the text file I saved and when I hit "next" I get an empty box headed "Map the fields you wish to import" and where it allows me to change the map, when I try that the computer locks up.

So -- where have I gone wrong?

Really need your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.