Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am having a complete nightmare with my hotmail account.
I can get into my account and when I click onto my Inbox the list of messages appear, but as soon as the message list appears a box comes up and says 'internet explorer cannot open this page'

i can spend ages trying to access my messages and with no joy. sometime i can open my messages but this is on very rare occasions and mostly only after spending what could be hours signing in and out of my account.

can someone please help me as it is driving me crazy. I am using windows XP

many thanks
shaun

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
34,806 Posts
Hotmail has always been slow as a turtle and overcrowded. I have never undestood why the hell so many people are using it. I hate Hotmail!

Try cleaning your cache, meaning all your temporary Internet files, cookies and browser history.

Make sure you don't have too many add-ons or toolbars slowing things down in your Web browser.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it isnt slowing it down...it is simply not allowing me to open the messages.

a pop up appears stating that the internet explorer cannot open the page

i did state this in my last message and i love hotmail...never had problems with it in years

·
Registered
443 Posts
First off you might try accessing it with FireFox rather than IE. It would be funny to me if that worked since hotmail is a Microsoft product as is IE. LOL

Or open yourself a gmail or yahoo account and forward any important / keeper hot mail messages to yourself. I sure would not put up with that kind of frustration. Like Phantom I despise hotmail, and don't understand why folks put up with the poor poor service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i use hotmail for my business and like i said i have never had any problems before. this nis the first time i have any problem whatsoever. i thought this site would be useful for finding an answer but som far all i have got is comments on personal preferences.

maybe i'm on the wrong sigte but then again maybe this is why i'm not a computer geek...they've got to be smart arses with snide comments instead of postitive and constructive replies that are helpful for someone who has asked for help

if anyone can help please do and if not please do not waste my time....i'm not here to join in a chat site. i have better things to do with my time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.