Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had no problem hosting customs on this game with my old isp(dsl sbc) but I switched to road runner or time warner one and the same and now i cant.

I am using a belkin f5d7230-4 router

my internet modem is webstar DPC2100R2

what do I need to do? I opened the ports 6112-6119 on my router previously and no soup.

thanks

p.s. I have an xp, vista, and xbox360 connnected to the router.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Did you assign a static IP to the computer when you opened the ports? Also, download and install the PF port checker to see if the ports are open.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Can you post a screenshot of the page where you forwarded in the router?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
That may mean your modem works as a router also. Connect a computer directly to it, (you may need to power cycle the modem), and go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>Run. Type cmd, then in the command prompt ipconfig. Take note of the IP address that is listed, then go to portforward.com again and check the external IP address. Are the 2 the same or different?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Then it is a modem/router combo. Try putting 192.168.100.1 in the web browser, and click enter. Does it take you to a configuration page?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Sorry, I've been busy with school and missed this thread.

On the Virtual Server or Port Forwarding page, try creating an entry for the ports, but using the Belkin's Internet IP address. Then connect back to the router, and the ports should be forwarded correctly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.