Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
please help i know nothing of computers and my husband really wants to play this game!!! we got homeworld 2 and installed it now it wont play...we have windows vista
Vista most likely won't automatically run a game program from 2003 so try this:

Right click the executable (or the shortcut for it) and click the Properties option

Select the Compatibility tab

Select the Run This Program in Compatibility Mode option

From the drop-down list, choose the operating system that came prior to Vista

Click OK

Try to run the game.

Since Homeworld 2 was released in late 2003 I would suggest that you select to run it under Windows XP compatibility selection.

If it still doesn't run, then do the above again but select the next earliest version of Windows. On and on until you worked your way down to Windows 95.

If it still doesn't run then just undo what you did (uncheckmark compatibility mode) under the compatibility tab.

No harm done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey i actually have a similair problem. it will run but the mouse and keyboard controls are as if there were lag. if i give a unit a comand it will perform flawlessly, but camera movement is extremely choppy. but, as if to counteract that when u press space to use long range sensors or whatever it is also very smooth. i built my own computer and if it has anything to do with the sutup let me know.
the specs are
asus p5ne-sli motherboard
two evga 8800gt superclocked edition in sli configuration
3.0ghz wolfdale cpu overclocked to 3.3
6g of ram
and 500g seagate hard drive
i think i have the most recent sli drivers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.