Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have 3 PC's , all running XP-HOME. Now with 1 of them, I get a message sayig "Mshome is not accessble. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission.

The list of servers for this workgroup is noy currently available"

I am the only 1 on all of my PC's. Did I miss something ? I look under "My Network Places" & click on "View Workgroup Computers", that's when the message appears !!

Help !!!

Thanks in Advance !!

·
Banned
5,251 Posts
All the computers running under the same workgroup? Anything like Norton 360 or any software firewall other than Window firewall on any of the systems? If you employ a search for the other computers or thier I.P. addresses can you find them that way? I have a bunch of computers on the same network and occasionally one or two will act up that way just for giggles too but I can always either connect by a search or by adding a network place as long as everything else is ok and there isn't any security software blocking.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fairnooks,

All PC's are running under the SAME WORKGROUP. No firewalls except Windows ?

I am really stump here !!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I assume you allowed file sharing on all computers. Any program different on the third one that won't allow it?
Rich-M,

Yes, all PC's have file sharing enabled !

Any program different on the third one that won't allow it?
What exactly do you mean by this question ?

·
Registered
11,849 Posts
You say that there is no firewalls except for the Windows Firewall, what about anit-virus programs?

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
Either a 3rd party firewall (internet security) blocking or a service is not running. Can you ping the problem PC by IP address? By Computer Name?

Make sure the following services are running (Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services). The Startup Type on my machine is 'Automatic' except for the one indicated.

Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Location Awareness (Startup Type 'Manual')
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
Workstation

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Either a 3rd party firewall (internet security) blocking or a service is not running. Can you ping the problem PC by IP address? By Computer Name?

Make sure the following services are running (Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services). The Startup Type on my machine is 'Automatic' except for the one indicated.

Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Server
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
Workstation
So.....TerryNet,

These:
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Server
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
Workstation

are set up as you stated ??

·
Registered
367 Posts
To configure TCP/IP, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.
2. Right-click the network connection that you want to configure, and then click Properties.
3. On the General tab (for a local area connection), or the Networking tab (for all other connections), click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click Properties.

You might also check this doc - http://forums.practicallynetworked.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=833

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.