Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Hi,

Malware Defender - Not free,

Online Armor - Free and paid versions - Firewall component can be uninstalled,

Winpatrol - Free and paid versions - Considered a lightweight hips,

Dynamic Security Agent - Development has stopped so the download link was removed from their site, but it's now built into Privatefirewall,

Outpost - Free and paid versions - it's a firewall but it contains hips,

Eqsecure - Not free, though there is an older version 3.41 that was free but I don't have the download link.

Since there's a low demand for hips (other than in firewalls) because of the need for a bit of computer knowledge there's not a very large selection of stand-alone hips.

There's more but either development has stopped and/or I don't know the download links, I'll post the names in case you want to try looknig for them,
Winpooh - Free and open-source,

Real-time defender - used to be called Prosecurity but it changed developers - was supposed to keep being developed but I haven't anything about it in awhile - Free last I heard,

Netchina S3 - not sure if development stopped with this one - Don't know if it's free,

System Safety Monitor - This person apparently should be able to get you an official licensed copy if you want it - When development stopped the developer was giving out the licenses for free,

Neova Guard - Hasn't had any updates in a very long time as far as I know.

They all offer different features, I'm not sure what you're looking for in a HIPS....?

·
Registered
227 Posts
This has my vote..:up:

Hogndog

I forgot to add I had a red ripe root kit on my machine their tech was right with
me as I was running the free application. He gave me a 30 day key in order
to remove it. These people are Awesome! not to mention "Prevx Edge"

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
Hi lunarlander,

Prevx will get you to the Moon and back!

-- Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.