Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having some probs with my computer. I decided to do a clean install and now I have more probs. When I try to boot up I get a blue screen with the error message - ***STOP : 0x0000007B (0xEB41B84C, 0xC000000E, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. I cannot even boot into safe mode. When I try I get alot of lines about multi disk rdisk parition and more stuff. Could someone give me some insight or should I just try reinstalling windows 2000? Thanks so much for all your help.
Debbie:confused: :( :mad: :confused:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
That "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)" stuff is Windows Safe Mode finding the stuff it needs to boot. That's all normal.

When you do choose Safe Mode, does it go anywhere past all that? If it doesn't, what line does it freeze at?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Hmm. This is pretty serious. Doing a search on the file has produced a fair bit of technobabble, but I don't know what it is supposed to do. One thing is certain, though. It is a critical system file.

My suggestion would be to do a repair install, but I would probably wait until more knowledgable members give it the OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.