Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, so i just got a new computer. hp amd dual core. i bought a graphics card so i could run more monitors on it. I got a geforce 7600. I was hoping to run 3 monitors because there is the onboard one and then the 2 outputs in the card. I don't know much about computers and would really appreciate the help. when i installled the card i didn't uninstall the drivers from the other one cause i still wanted to use it, lol i dunno if thats right or not. right now i have the onboard card set as the main one and am only using one monitor, anyone wana help me get the other 2 working?

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Does the HP have onboard 6100 or is it ATI? (Most likely, its Nvidia) - and if it is, just install very recent drivers from Nvidia or with what came with the card. (I don't care for the latest driver interfaces - they suck up a lot of memory an run a bit slow)

The drivers will also work with the onboard to a degree.

Attach other monitors to video card, and you may or maynot need to activcate the displays with Control panel?Display properties or Nvidia software.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
When you install the new graphics card this will disable the onboard graphics.
It is better to uninstall the onboard graphics drivers BEFORE you install the new drivers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.