Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah im having trouble with trying to run ms-dos programs. i double click on the program to run it and i gt an error message saying "cannot find shell.dll" if anyone can anyone help me with this would be great

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ozzy:
1. What Operating System do you have?
2. Did you do a "Find" for shell.dll?
3. What "ms-dos prgrams" are you trying to run?

For your reference, my OS is Win98 and I have two shell.dll files. One is in Windows\System directory and the other in Windows\SysBackup.
It is possible that your system uses shell32.dll for Windows programs but that your DOS-based programs need shell.dll.
If you need that file, and can not find it using the "Find" function, there are ways it can be obtained, free.
Please let us know.
Cordially,
Cronista

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah gday cronista, to answer your questions, my OS is windows xp, i just done a search for shell.dll and it says that SHELL.DLL is in the c:\windows\system folder but yeah it says that it cant find it. and the program im trying to run is an install for a cd stomper that i bought.
so yeah i think my computer is buggerising around and i want to set it straight, thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.