Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have amicro sd memory card which has been working fine in my new phone, yyesterday i removed it to put into my old phone and it will not show up as a meory card. I have inserted the car5d into a SD card so that i can connect it to my pc using a card reader, and it is not recognised as card being in the drive. I have many old memories of my daughter for the past two years and i think i have lost all data on this card, please please please could anyone help me try and rescue any data if possible??

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
The microSD card happens to be 4 GB or more in capacity? Your old phone and your computer's memory card reader just happen to only support the old regular SD cards, not 4+GB SDHC cards. Get a new card reader if you want to retvieve the data. Go to newegg, read reviews, and.. Err. Just forget it, I remember there being a good reader with reviews saying it supported HC and it was cheap, wait a sec...

Here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134753

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya, thanks for the reply.
The card is 1GB and is the same as the one in the new phone, also card reader is the same.
What i cant understand the data has vanished ... well not gone but i cannot get access the card. Havn't had the guts to tell my partner as these are the only photos videos we have of our little child.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Memory cards do break down and get corrupted... If you have something important, a memory card or a flash drive is not where to store it. On a hard drive, and a backup on another, or on a CD/DVD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.