Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a dual purpose question. first of all I have an IBM thinkpad 600e I have upgraded the ram to 256meg. I am wanting to load my laptop with windows XP or WIN 2000 (not very sure it will hold XP) I want to know if there is a way to load dual copies of the OS, one of which is currently being used on my desktop, to my laptop without having to do something illegal.
Second part upon getting the program loaded is there a way to save or load all of the programs as they were on the prior OS without having to to install one by one, or is it maybe possible to keep key settings for programs that require a reg key that you have lost the original key to. Hope this isnt too complicated but in my past posts you guys have proven yourselves to be friggin geniuses so im confident that you will understand.
thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Reinstalling the os will wipe the installed programs. They will have to be reinstalled one by one. If you don't have the cd keys you can try searching through the registry or contact the vendor and see if they can give you one.

As to the windows 2K question, Not positive on that one. I have heard it said that you can do one laptop and one desktop per license but I strongly doubt for single users. I suspect thats a corporate licensing thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.