Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi. Im Power_Trip5. I too am a Counter strike 1.6 player. If you would like to get higher fps please do as follows:

1. Download a program called "Reforce" you can find it in google search for free. When you first open it, you will see your graphic cards name in a little box. Just hit auto populate. Now click apply and ok. At this time you need to go and reboot your pc and then return here.

2. Change your desktop resolution to 800 x 600. Yeah it makes thigs on the internet look big and all but it helps alot on your fps. Also change your color quality to 16 bit instead of 32 bit. It will all look the same but run alot smoother and more fps.

3. Go into Counter strike and type the following commands in your console:
fps_max 101 and fps_modem 101 that will tell your pc and modem to allow 100 fps. The 1 is just too make sure it gos that high. If you set it for 100 it will only push 99.

I will Give you some more tips later on,. But right now I must go take care of my little girl. Hope this helps you out for now. If you need to know anything about counter strike programing please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have installed reforce but when I try to run Reforce and this Warning thing pops up and says " Windows reports that a Default Monitor driver is still active. This may cause automatic detection to give incorrect results. Check you booted your PC with the monitor switch ON, and you are using appropraite monitor drivers."

Do you have any idea on how to change it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok, You can download 2 difrent kinds of reforce. You can download a self install one or one that you run off your desktop with out installing anything. When you run it the first time it will do like I said in my last post. When you hit auto populate it will say a few things about things changeing. Just hit ok on them all. I use reforce myself. I push up to 300 fps useing reforce.

If you can not get this kinds of refresh rate fix to work let me know and I will give you another program I have that some of my buddys use because there pc's are to old to use reforce.

Please note that reforce is not a wish program. If you change things on it instead of useing the auto populate dont go to high, Whatever you tell it to push it will. If you pc cant push the amount you tell it to, You wont be able to see on your screen with out doing a restore.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Power_Trip5 said:
If you can not get this kinds of refresh rate fix to work let me know and I will give you another program I have that some of my buddys use because there pc's are to old to use reforce.
It still says the same thing. It won't let me refresh and it still says the same default monitor thing?

Do you think you can give me that other program?

·
Registered
506 Posts
you dont want to push your monitor past its recomended refresh rates. that will burn it out and no time, and you'll find yourself buying a new monitor very soon.

youre not gonna see a whole lot of difference between 70 and 100 fps. 300 fps is just ridiculous, and you risk frame tearing.

a lot of the fps you can get depends on your hardware, mostly your video card. good video card = high fps.

but just let me stress the point that you dont want to push your monitor; even if its options let it get high GHz, you usually dont want to do them.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
If you're playing a game at say, 150 FPS, and your monitor's max refresh rate is only 85hz at that resolution, then it will only display it at 85FPS. The video card may be producing the images at 150FPS, but the monitor will not display 150FPS if it can't. If you try to push the same monitor to a forced refresh rate of 100hz at that resolution, it just won't display anything, and you have to wait 15 seconds for Windows to revert back to the old refresh rate.

Don't set the desktop resolution and bitrate to 800x600x16, make those changes within CS itself, so you can still enjoy looking at other things...but if you have a big monitor, 800x600 is going to make CS look really bad....you'll be able to find out once you mess around with it though.

·
Registered
506 Posts
yeah i have a 19 inch monitor and have both my desktop and cs set at 1280 x 1024. it looks great. i usually play around 100 fps, but it will drop to the 50s in action, usually not below that.

but yeah tim said that your fps wont display above what your refresh rate is. that program that power suggests overrides your monitor setting so that it can display higher refresh rates (i think thats it, i may be wrong). but if you override them and display higher than what your monitor is designed for, then youre just asking for a burnt out monitor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.