Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to format text within tables in frontpage is giving me fits. I don't get it. Can someone direct me to a tutorial or something which explains all the bizarre rules concerning formatting text within a table or cell? Why is it that trying to arrange an image and the text around or below or above it is so completely strange and non-intutitive. All the text will be fine except for one work sitting all by itself. You try to correct it but everything goes wacky. The formatting is a complete mystery to me, as is the lack of resources or explanations about this area. I can't believe more people don't suffer with trying to format text within tables, but I found little on the net in a search....

My "complete reference" is, as usual, worthless; total waste of money. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it very much.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
easy stuff first

all html coding has the "<" and ">" replaced by "(" and ")" so you can see it

1. FP (2000 anyways) doesn't have a full justify setting - like in word - only align left, right, and center
in html view use (p align="center") to make it look nice

tables & cells - with graphics
2. split cells to make the in front of, behind, wrap text stuff redundant
- place the text in the cell next to, above or below the graphic, then you don't have to worry about it disappearing or looking funny

3. lots of tables
- use separate tables to format how the screen will look
- when you use a number of rows in the same table, the format is applied to ALL the rows - easy to mess up the look

try this site list for lots of links

·
Registered
12,427 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't thank you enough, Jbcalg...the answer was definitely to use lots of small tables instead of one big one. When I did that, right away things stayed right where they were supposed to, and it was pretty much wysiwyg, which makes things so much easier. Thanks again.:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.