Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a deskstar 7K250 60 GB HDD hard drive and Im installing into a compaq with a motherboard cr 120 (i know putting big hard drive into that crap) anyway and the other hard drive is a Seagate Medalist 6423. well the desk star was originally partitioned into 2 drives I kinda unpartitioned it and repartitioned it later.:eek:

Now then with the Seagate in their as the master I can still use the deskstar to store data. however if i try to load XP on the deskstar alone it will get through the dos format and all the way till it restarts.

after it restarts it wont load the os all the cables are connected its been partitioned into 2 drives again (though i dont think that had anything to do with it) although i think its pointless cuz i do get the 1720 SMART error but i hope thats a false sign.

cuz when i have the seagate as the master im able to use it for just storing **** but Im just at my wits end and im thinkin of going "office space" on the hard drive plz i need help idk if its not compatible or what. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Are the jumpers correct on the Deskstar when you have ONLY the deskstar connected to the ribbon cable?

Which position on the ribbon cable [ end connector or middle connector ] are you using when ONLY the deskstar connected to the ribbon cable?

Have you run the drive fitness test from Hitachi [ new manufacturer of Deskstar HDDs ]? www.hgst.com

RF123

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.