1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys,

i'm a newbie here,16yr old.

i have a LAPTOP ASUS a6000vc

actually there's no problem, i'm just regularly using it just like doing presentations,playing games and watching movies.

until one day..

when i turned on my laptop..i'm waiting for the bios and other labels..etc to show up...

it's almost 15mins...but still nothing is showing up.

my screen is just like a monitor turned off.

i didn't change any settings and i'm just using as normal and i really don't know what's wrong.

i went to a mall and they said that it's my video card, but i'm not really convinced because, i didn't do anything.

can someone help me solve this, I actually want to repair my laptop on my own because it's to expensive to pay a technician here in the Philippines.

PLSS HELP ME...

u can contact me in YM... [email protected]

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Okay, first, does ANYTHING light/start up (LEDs, Hard drive, fan) when you press the ON button?

Is there a Charging Light when plugged into the wall?

Does the wall charger have an 'active' light on it (optional, since not all chargers have these)?

A-N

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually,

everytime i connect the adapter(charger), the lights are on.

also the lights in the laptop is on.

battery is good.

the exhaustfan in the cpu runs when the temperature rises.

but still the screen is off and no sounds.

:confused::confused:help!!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Okay, I will assume that this beastie is a bit old - 2 or 3 years? All the data I'm finding are about batteries for it, so I can't see it's layout.

First, let's see if the monitor is shut off - Laptops have a function key labeled FN - Holding it in allows you to activate the function keys. Somewhere along the top row of keys should be one that is either listed at LCD/CRT or have pictures of monitor screens, one blank/one lit. This would be the key used to switch the laptop from the onboard LCD screen to an external monitor. While holding the FN key in, try pressing this key a few (SLOWLY - don't just rapidly hammer on it - it takes a moment for the screen to realize its been activated sometimes) times to see if your onboard screen activates.

A-N

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually, i already did what you said.

still nothing happens.

i have a conclusion and i don't that this is the cause.

i know that the high temperature or the heat is the great enemy of laptops or other machines, i always use cooling pad to maintain the right temperature.

i usually use this laptop in watching movies and creating presentations.

i have this feeling that "HEAT" is the cause of my problem,..

but when i consulted to a technician he just said (without even touching) that there's a damage in the video card.

usually many technicians here in the Philippines are fools

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Well now, that's a fine technician there! ;)

Okay - next test - do you have another monitor available? If so, try plugging it into that one and see if you get anything.

Also, check to see if ANY image is showing on the screen by turning the computer on in a room that can be made dark, and show a flashlight on the screen - if an image is there, then I'm leaning more towards the backlight being at fault.

Last question - Have you ever removed a laptop keyboard before?

A-N

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, i already used a monitor to test it but still nothing comes out.

i already tried to look at the screen in the dark using flashlight...still nothing comes out.

well...i dont want to remove the keyboard beacause i'm afraid that i can't put it back again.xD

help!xD

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Now when you had it plugged into that other monitor, did you press the FN+LCD/CRT keys a number of times, or did you just plug it in? You have to do the FN keys as well.

A-N

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
At this point, the culprit could be motherboard or monitor - laptop vid chips are just that - chips. Some are mounted on separate cards, but most are part of the motherboard.

Since you said you tried a stand-alone monitor, does this mean you have access to another computer? If so, your data may still be accessable - removing the laptop's hard drive and installing it into an 2.5" HD case will allow you to use it as an external drive, and let you at your files. Programs won't be available (any programs installed while the drive was in the Asus will be associated WITH the Asus) though, so if there are any that are needed to open these files, you will need to have them installed on the computer you want to read your files on.

A-N

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm really sorry for the late reply,because my computer gone bad and i have to format it.

anyway I'm really thankful for your replies, i really appreciate it.woo!

yes, aside from laptop, I still have my desktop/ PC in my home.

that's why i already try to use another monitor in which...still...doesn't work.

the problem is, i cannot open my laptop to take out some hardwares, because, I'm not really good at it, i mean, i cannot easily open a laptop and diagnose it unlike PC's..but still, i'm doing the best that i can

it doesn't really matter to me if i can still access or use the hardisk of my laptop

i just want to fix and run my laptop......huhuhu/:(

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Okay - but if it requires internal repairs (which its sounding more and more like) it will have to be opened. If this is beyond your capabilities, then a technician is the only other answer, since you've already tried all the other options.

At this point, I would consider the cost of the tech looking at it Vs the price of a new or used one. As you are in the Philippines, you will know the local fees better than I will.

Good luck.

A-N

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.