Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a repair to my brothers windows XP on his PC and now i am haveing trouble with updates. It says i have to register(activate) my SW and askes me my Windows XP Product Key. i read it on my PC cover but when i enter it i get the answer: This is not a correct code?! I don't get it :(((
After the repair i am also haveing some trouble with Microsoft Outlook. it seems i can save the attachements but can not open them directly. it answers me: the cammand failed to execute!:confused:
Plz plz plz plz....Heeelp or my brother will kill me.:eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thnx. for your answer!
I did a repair like the one in the tutorial u sent me. I think it is a license problem..maybe it lost the activation information during the repair and now can not reactivate with the same product key... i even tried to change the product key but it remains the same. maybe i must clean it from the appropriate registers and retry.
i feel so confused!!! :confused:
Maybe Microsoft Windows XP hates me:p

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
When you get the activation screen, there's a number to call Microsoft if you're having issues activating the software.

·
Registered
11,849 Posts

·
Retired Administrator
103,703 Posts
kitty07 said:
I did a repair to my brothers windows XP on his PC and now i am haveing trouble with updates. It says i have to register(activate) my SW and askes me my Windows XP Product Key. i read it on my PC cover .
I'm confused. You did a repair to your BROTHER'S PC and you are reading the key from YOUR PC cover? :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.