Currently I have received a generous offer from my uncle saying he is willing to purchase the rest of the computer parts that I need.
Motherboard (Intel socket)
PSU with more connections (SATA)
So yes. My QUESTIONS:
1) I want to run a basic server. Should I use a regular Intel Quad Core Q6600 (What I own right now) to run the server or use a Xeon CPU which is more based for servers?
2) If ok to use Q6600 then what board is recommended?
3) How much memory and what speed should I slap on?
4) What version of 2003 should I run? (I have access to all of them legit and free) 32bit or 64bit?
5) What PSU will have more than 6 SATA connectors? Should I just use the Adapter for the ones that wouldn't require them such as the DVD Sata Drives?
6) How many Watts would I have to consider for a computer such as the one I want?
If not use the Q6600 then:
1) Which Xeon is best to consider? Dual Core or Quad Core?
2) Board to consider for the CPU
Questions 3-6 are the same.
I am limited on time because my uncle wants to buy me this stuff on Monday. Please remember that I am in Canada so the only places reachable by Car that sell things are:
Sites to consider if I need to buy the parts online:
and any other trust worthy Canadian site.
All help is appreciated. Thank you in advance to those who take their time in helping me.