Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I recently upgraded my OS to Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit and my system kept crashing ever since. No warnings, no restarts, no blue screens. Just a plain freeze. I've noticed that theese crashes happen mostly when I'm playing a specific game ( Lineage II ) and when I'm watching online videos ( YouTube, SopCast ). I repeatetly reinstalled the OS thinking that was the problem; i was wrong.

When i checked in error logs, I did find an error. I cannot provide the full information about this error because I've finished reinstalling windows 10 minutes ago, but I do know the number ID of this event : 6008; "the last system shutdown was unexpected", or something like that. I've been browsing the forum for 3 days now, and I did find some problems similar to mine, but no solution or even causes. I'm really bugged about this thing since my room mate has the same Vista Ultimate on his system.... minus the crashes. I'm thinking this crash is caused by my video card (ATI chipset) since most of the other 'event 6008' crashes had ATI cards present. Please someone guide me in finding a solution. I'll post my computer specs too, maybe they are of some use:

CPU : AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5000+
MB : MSI K9N NeoV3
RAM : kit 2*1GB dual PC 6400
VIDEO : ATI Radeon HD 2600XT
OS : Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit with Service Pack 1 installed

Thanks in advance. Dan

·
Registered
21 Posts
Upgrades are always funky. I personally would reccomend going back to XP or getting a fresh new copy of Vista and doing a clean install. When Vista first came out, most of the problems were stemming out of the upgrades...although it is an "upgrade", my mind says "dirty install". Good luck man. I am not really sure what else to tell you other than that...I didn't want to leave your post unanswered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.