Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Outlook Express 5.

I cannot get into my Outbox. I hit "control Y" and then Enter, but nothing happens.

Is there anything else I can do to open the Outbox?

The following message is in the Outbox and needs to be deleted:

"The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'Fw: Clear explanation of situation', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: [email protected]', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"

·
Trusted Advisor (deceased)
5,176 Posts
I have Outlook Express 5.

I cannot get into my Outbox. I hit "control Y" and then Enter, but nothing happens.

Is there anything else I can do to open the Outbox?

The following message is in the Outbox and needs to be deleted:

"The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'Fw: Clear explanation of situation', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: [email protected]', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"
If there is nothing else in the Outbox that you want, close OE.
You need to have Hidden files and Folders showing.
At the top of any folder(My Documents for example) click Tools>Options>View tab.
Scroll down the list and place a check next to "Show Hidden Files and Folders" then click Apply and OK.

Search for Outbox.dbx.
Include Hidden Files and folders in the search.
Open the folder containing it and Delete the Outbox.dbx.
Next time you open OE, a new one will be created.
T.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure what you mean to go to My Documents - it does not give you the option for Tools/Options/View Tab. This is Outlook Express 5 - is there another way to find this?

·
Trusted Advisor (deceased)
5,176 Posts
Not sure what you mean to go to My Documents - it does not give you the option for Tools/Options/View Tab. This is Outlook Express 5 - is there another way to find this?
Outlook Express messages are stored as DBX files in a Message Store folder. The OE program where you read messages is just an interface to the DBX files.
You do not need OE open to locate the DBX files.
The folder I mean by My Documents is just that, My Documents. Or My Pictures or any folder in Windows.
You can also show hidden files and folders by going into Control Panel>Folder Options>View tab.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.