Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something pretty strange has occured to my desktop. It was running fine two days ago. Earlier today, I turned on the computer and everything was running ok for a few minutes. Then, the screen just froze. Couldn't move the mouse and the keyboard was not responsive. The Ctrl+Alt+Del combination also was not working. Finally, just ended up turning off the power supply in the back of the computer.

In the past when this has occured, usually, I will see a screen that shows that the computer was not properly shut down and is doing a scan disk. Afterwards, it will boot up as normal. This time, the monitor displayed a message saying that it was "testing" and that the monitor was working fine but that I should check the cable or the pc. On the desktop side; within a few seconds after being powered on, a constant beeping sound is heard and the computer screen remains blank. After a few seconds of this noise, I just end up turning off the power supply in the back of the computer. I have tried a number of simple things like turning on and off the power supply on the computer, unplugging the electrical plugs but still have the same constant beeping sound. I was even able to connect the desktop monitor to my notebook to see if it was a monitor problem but I was able to see my notebook screen on the desktop montior so that probably rules out a monitor or monitor cable problem.

I really have no idea what could be causing this problem. If anyone has encountered a similiar problem or has any suggestions on how to fix this problem, it would be really appreciated.

Computer details are : WinXP Home on a P3 450Mhz with 512MB of Ram.

JJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.