Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Heres The info i have hopefuly it'll help

COmputer
Hp Pavilion A6203w
window vista

heres what i got off the side of my computer
System number-Gs354AA
Windows vista premium OemacT

Heres the problem I did A i Thin Dban Nuke n boot...Where it wipes your harddrive..well i did that Ok after that it says insert a boot cd and hit enter ...I put the only cd i had that came with the computer

Hp Deskjet f4200 series
Windows 2000,Xp,vista Mac Os X

It wasnt the boot up cd,Why didnt my computer come with a recovery disc..Now i am screwed are they ways of dowlooading something and burning the iso file and bootin up with it?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hello and welcome.

Many computer manufacturers do not supply recovery disks or install disks with computers these days.

They now have what they call a hidden recovery console.

This a partition on your hard drive usaly around about 10 gigs in size that contains the recovery console.

Computer manufacturers usaly give you information in the box on how to burn this to CD/DVD to be used in the future to recover your computers operating system.

I asume you did not burn this to disk?

I have a sugestion that is to restart the computer and repeatedly tap F8 and see if there is an option to repair your computer.Then run a full recovery.

As you nuked the drive you may of nuked the recovery console to.

It is worth a try to see if the recovery console is still there and intact.

This is what you should of done:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c00882383

If the recovery console is gone then on the above link is attached how to obtain recovery disks for your computer.

JB.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i know.i wish to god i woulda have knownt this..I will Try the Tap F8 ..but if that doesnt work.I Found out that my dad owns a Windows Vista Ultimate cd so i'm use that if all else fails

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WHATs That ONE PC INSTALL ONlY...Im on my own computer right now...I use Vista Ultimate..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.