Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help to finish this formula:

in col A1 I have a start date, col B1 a finish date and in D1 I have the following formula =IF(ISBLANK(A1),"",IF(COUNT(B1),"",INT(TODAY()-A1))) now that works OK, what i want to do is put a formula in E1 that will look at the result of D1 and if it is greater than 10 Put send out 1st letter, this is what i have done =IF(D1>10,"send Letter","") but it puts send letter no matter what is in E1

TIA

Rama

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for a quick reply deej... That works ok for part of it...... but when i enter a finish date in B1 it should make D1 Blank which it does but then i get an #Value error How do i get round this, I thought that having "" after the text in the formula it should leave it blank

TIA

Rama

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
hi Rama...

please forget about posting your formulas (I don't think that they logically - or efficiently - address your objective)

instead... please "write" (explain) what you are looking to accomplish.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what i am trying to do is get a formula that will automatically input some text in a cell based on the result of another cell that is holding the formula, but if the cell that the result is generated from is blank then i need the end result to also be left blank.
I hope this has cleared it a bit

TIA

Rama

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.