Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am trying to find out how to stop this from coming up when I browse certain forums.

Hopefully if I describe it, someone might know how to help me disable whatever is causing it. Thanks

t is a Microsoft Windows based pop-up, versus an advertisement.

At the top it reads: Connect to WWW.MSNUSERS.COM

Just below that: Welcome to MSN Communities, please sign-in with your passport account.

Email Address (enter box)

Password (enter box)

Microsoft.passport.net

Get a .net passport (click here)

·
Registered
772 Posts
..I take it this msn page comes up over the page you're trying to work at??
..........{no mouse click}

..or does it -[msn page]-appear after clicking on something??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a screen shot of the msn pop up window, and yes it comes up when I move from one forum to the next on this sports site that I frequent. It may be coincidence, and by that I mean it may come up without a mouse click, but I don't know for sure.

I thought it might be a msn messenger/ microsoft messenger service/XP problem. But have not figured out how to stop it from happening. It is more annoying than anything else.

thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
772 Posts
this pop-up page..is it always that same msn 'group' page?
I've been to a site ot two that were 'partnered' with msn and they use msn's sign in page for their registration and sign in.
..ya think these pop-ups occur only on certain sites??
===========================================
twisted said:
I have a screen shot of the msn pop up window, and yes it comes up when I move from one forum to the next on this sports site that I frequent. It may be coincidence, and by that I mean it may come up without a mouse click, but I don't know for sure.

I thought it might be a msn messenger/ microsoft messenger service/XP problem. But have not figured out how to stop it from happening. It is more annoying than anything else.

thanks for any help you can give me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is always connect to www.msnusergroup.com

I am not sure at all why it happens, I did send a request to msn, to see if they know about this problem and have a solution for it. although I haven't ever had much luck getting resolutions from them in the past.

if i do get the information i will post it here to help others that may be having the same problem.

of course if you know a solution I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think it is windows messenger service, will the shoot the messenger program work for the msn-pop up window i am getting that asks me to sign in to .net passport?

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.