Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you must help me before I kill myself, I made the mistake of asking my mom for a new Memory Card for my Kodak C310, I asked her for a 1 Gig, figuring that's the biggest they make now (not too up to date on the digital world). Well istead she got this smokin' deal on a SanDisk 2GB SD Card (The Dark Blue One), well too bad it doesn't work in my camera, if you put the memory card in and then turn the camera on, it will say the memory card is full, if you turn the camera on and then put the memory card in then it will say it needs to be formatted, so I do that, while in the process of formatting the screen will say FILESYS ERROR e00100, I've tried everything in my power, I've put it in the slot in my computer and tried formatting it with FAT and FAT32, I called Kodak and SanDisk, they both said it will work in my camera, I was going to FDISK it but to my surprise Widows XP doesn't offer that, someone please help, I am at the end of my rope here, Sears won't let me just return it because I have opened it, I did exchange it because I thought the card was bad at first, but the new card doesn't work either.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Never mind what the card mfg. said for now, did you read your instruction book and what does it say about card limitations?
If your book doesn't tell you the proceed to then next questions....................
What camera make and model do you have?
What is the exact make & model / part # of your card?

PS: The card should always be formatted in the camera and not by your computer. ( according to most of what I have read )

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm with Wimpy on the memory limitations for your camera...

Electronics will behave stangely with pushed on the limitation issue...

:cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i called kodak and they said that their brand 2 Gig will work in my camera, I think I'm just going to give up and sell it on ebay or something, the part number on the back of the card is very long don't even know if its a part number BE0628605002B Kodak told me that their brand would work but they're not sure about the SanDisk brand, so I called sandisk and they told me it will work, WHATEVER, that's why I wanted the 1 Gig, cuz I know it works because I have friends that use them in the same camera the Kodak C310, thanks for the help all, and if you have anymore solutions I would love to hear them.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
I re-read the posters original post and he said he exchanged the original card for another because he thought it was bad. The second one didn't work either so my guess now would be the camera doesn't support the card.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.