Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
To find the base address of any router that's you're connected to, open a command prompt and type IPCONFIG. The Default Gateway is the address of the router's configuration pages.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wacor said:
Welcome

is this a new router? if not then we can assume it worked before?

gonna probably need some info on the computer. is it a laptop or desktop and do any of the computers get a signal?
The problem is: I can log onto the internet through my modem, but when I connect the modem to the router, to the computer, I cannot get on the internet.

I am running windows xp home edition

The computer is Dell Desktop - Something 300 I think.

This has all worked before.

The Router is Netgear WGR614 v6.

From my modem, I have tried logging onto 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.2.1 and 192.168.2.2 all to no avail.

Naturally, my 90 days is up with Netgear and I do not want to spend money talking to them for something that I should be able to fix myself!

Thanks for your help,

Eu

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VirtualMe,

I have gone through the CD Wizzard yet again. Perhaps it has not directed me how to configure the router.

I tried going to Start>Run>IPCONFIG,
The Black window flashes but does not stay on.

So, How the heck do I configure the Router..Apparently, I cannot log into routerlogin.net
until I do configure the router.

Thanks for your assisstance,

EUGE

·
Registered
867 Posts
Is this a router that someone gave you or a new router?

You may have to reset it back to factory defaults and start over.

There is a hole on the back that you push a small ball point pen in and hold for about 10 to 15 sec.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Eugene Soul Aker said:
The problem is: I can log onto the internet through my modem, but when I connect the modem to the router, to the computer, I cannot get on the internet.

Eu
When you change the connection on the modem from the router, are you turning off power to the modem? You MUST power cycle the modem when changing the MAC address of the attached device.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Eugene Soul Aker said:
Thanks Joe,

I tried that one too and could not get on that way either.
Then take JohnWills advice and go to start> run> type cmd> in the dos window type ipconfig /all. The value in default gateway is the address of your router.

Joe

·
Registered
2 Posts
when i go to the site you recommended it asks for a username and password. i tried admin and 1234 but it did not work. what are the factory settings? if it has been changed i do not remember, how can i set it back to factory?

i tried the ball point pen in the black hole trick but my router does not have one.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Really. Here's a page from the router's user manual.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.