Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently my laptop cpu or cooling fan stopped working. It gets extremely hot minutes after i turn on my computer and i realized the fan stopped spinning. Does anyone know where I could purchase a replacement fan for sony vaio VGN-SZ433N please help me out thank you.

PS. This laptop was purchased in Asia so the model number could be a little different than the American ones but if anyone know the actually American model # that would be a great help.

Thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have tried to find the equivelant to your Sony laptop in the UK - but had no success.

If you are fairly proficient in laptop repairs you should not have a problem removing the fan/heatsink unit and taking it to a computer part stockest who will be able to order a new unit from their part catalogue.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The trickiest part i find with servicing laptops is actually getting into the shell - sounds daft but some shell designs can take a while to get into if you dont want to damage the shell. You will find that a few strips of thick card can come in handy to prevent the shell snapping back together when getting the first two corners of the shell open.
As for your manual request - i have not come accross any to date, sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.