Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to re-install my OS (Windows XP) due to some un-deletable viruses, and now I have to re-install all of the drivers, which is something I have never done before, and I'm having some problems.

I have a Dell, Demension 2350, and run on XP (as I mentioned before).

The drivers that my Device Manager says are missing are:

Other Devices
-Ethernet Controller
-Multimedia Audio Controller
-SM Bus Controller
-Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
- Lexmark Lexmark Z55 [it has a question mark beside it, like the rest, but not an excalmation mark over it, like the rest. Does this mean that it is missing, or its not missing?]

I'm using the Dell Dememsion Resource CD. The one that's called "Drivers and Utilities", and its contents read:
-Device Drivers
-Diagnostics and utilities
-Computer documentation

For one, the drivers go by different names on the disc than in the Device Manager, so that's confusing, and secondly, the installation instructions aren't clear enough as to all of the steps.

If anybody could tell me which driver is which on the disc, and the Device Manager, and tell me exactly how to install these suckers, I'd be greatful.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
There are a couple of ways to do this. If you insert the Dell CD, it should autoplay. Click on the device drivers heading. It might automatically install what you need. If not let me know. Your Lexmark printer should have its own CD and you should follow the instructions that came with the printer. It may have specific instructions about when to hook up the printer during installation.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I go to install a driver from the disc, it just extracts the file, and then gives me installation instructions, which aren't very clear, and don't seem to apply to my situation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.