Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Windows 2000 and I wanted to use the backup wizard to allow me to do routine backups to my cd-r/rw drive. I follow all the instructions but when I am asked to select a location to backup to (my cd-r/rw drive) it doesn't allow me to. What am I doing wrong? I was hoping that I wouldn't have to download another program but perhaps I have no choice? The Windows 2000 backup doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions? Is there a good software package out there that is better? Is there a way to get the Windows 2000 backup software to work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that is too bad. It looks like they lied saying that it could do it when it really can't?!

Any suggestion for a alternative good (free is preferred) backup program?

·
Super Moderator
37,519 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had an aquaintance once set up the backup system for me. I am not sure how to do it. What I do is open "my computer" and go to the cd-rom drive that has the backup disc in it, then I open up my documents where a "backup" file was created and open it up. Then I drag the copies of my programs from the backup file in "my documents" to the Cd-rom drive and it copies them onto the RW disc.

However, I notice that sometimes I have copies of copies, and sometimes afterwards, it tells me the computer can't read "drive D" to start up properly. I suspect very strongly that I am not going about this the right way. I have tried to find a "How to backup for dummies" or other similiar book but haven't found any. I think that there must be an easier no nonsense way. Is there one?

I will check those links when I get a few moments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.