Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I HAVE THIS LAPTOP WITH WINDOWS 95 AND WHEN YOU GO TO BOOT IT UP IT DOES NOT WORK BECAUSE THE FILE VMM32.VXD IS MISSING AND SAME WITH DOS FILES(SOME MORON DELETED THEM I GUESS-LAPTOP WASN'T MINE BUT NOW IT IS AND I NEED IT BAD) AND WINDOES WILL NOT BOOT SO I PUT IT IN COMMAND PROMPT(PRESSING F8 AND SELECTING COMMAND PROMPT FROM MENU) THE IT ASKS ME MODE I JUST PUT IT IN UNLOCKED 5 MODE(COMPANY COMPUTER WELL WAS) THEN I JUST GET LIKE A DOS THING BUT COMMAND PROMPT. HERE IS THE MAIN PROBLEM I CAN NOT ACCESS CD ROM I DUNNO HOW THROUGH PROMPT(TYPED D: AND SO ON) BUT IT DON'T WORK. WHAT DO I DO I WILL DO ANYTHING IF U GIVE ME A SOLUTION I WILL EVEN PAY YOU IF IT WORKS I SWEAR I REALLY NEED THIS COMPUTER PLEASE(DON'T SAY CONTACT MICROSOFT EITHER) PLEASE SOMEONE I REALLY NEED HELP(COMPUTER IS TOSHIBA SATELLITE PRO 420CTD(LAPTOP LIKE I SAID)). OK WHAT DO I DO I NEED THIS PLEASE HELP...........:( :( :( :(

·
Account Disabled
1,240 Posts
If the computer doesn't have a floppy drive or a CD-ROM drive, then you're out of luck. You'll either have to purchase a floppy drive and CD-ROM drive for the computer or you'll need to purchase a different computer that has all these parts.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Check your C: drive to see if you have TOSCDROM.SYS somewhere in your system.
If you have it, you can just edit autoexec.bat and config.sys to make your CD-rom drive work.
If you don't have it, you need external floppy drive which work on either parallel port or pc card(you need DOS driver for this)

Anyway, what's in your config.sys and autoexec.bat?

TJ

p.s. use type or edit command to read those files.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.