Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I just got a new external monitor for my laptop and I'm having trouble making it display its native 1600x900 resolution. Some more details on my components are below. I tried about everything I could find to fix the issue. No driver updates worked from Toshiba or Intel, couldn't find any bios updates, I went through the troubleshooting guide on Intel's website, I checked the EDID for the monitor and that looks fine (the native resolution is listed in it). I tried using the steps in this thread to no avail. When I loaded the EDID in pheonix the correct resolution and frequency showed up. So from what I have read, the only option I have left at this point is to try to edit the .inf file for my video driver. I found what I believe is the correct driver .inf file based on what I've seen in a couple of other forums. My .inf never lists 1600x900 but there are other higher resolutions so I think the card is fully capable of displaying 1600x900. Hence, I believe that the problem is there. However, I am new to this so please let me know if my logic is flawed. I need help figuring out what exactly to edit in the .inf since I haven't found an example exactly like mine. I think I know how to update the driver after the .inf is edited, I just don't know what to edit. The entire .inf file is attached. From what I have read, I should just be able to type in the new resolution somewhere and make a couple of small changes but naturally, I could be wrong. And of course, if you have any other ideas, please speak up! Thanks in advance for your help!

System info:
Computer Model: Toshiba Satellite A205-S5880
Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
Monitor: LG W2040
Video Card: Intel Mobile 965 chipset

My file path for the .inf is:
C:/Windows/System32/DriverStore/FileRepository/nv_lh.inf_x86_nuetral_bbe628dbdd6fce25/nv_LH.inf

The lines I suspect are about halfway through and are quite long. it looks like in these lines and in a block before them allowable resolutions are being declared. So I feel like I can just add mine in somewhere.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.