Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First things first, the computer is an HP Pavilion 6830 running Windows 7, SP 2.

My mom (who owns this cpu) got a webcam and I tried to install it. The drivers could not be found so I went to the website (it's a GE EasyCam) and installed their drivers. Well, that worked but then the screen went to a blue screen just as I was about focus the camera with their software that said something about a driver error. It gave me a dump batch (whatever that is) and then had me restart. Well, this happened twice and the second time I stopped the error check and went to uninstall the stupid camera. I did, but the old driver is still there.

Anyway, I went to the device manager to see if I could get the driver off that way, and I noticed little yellow ??? next to the following:

DVD/CD-ROM drives--the ! is on LITEON CD-ROM LTN4855
Under sound: Intel(r) 82801AA AC'97 Audio Controller
MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device
Under System devices: Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator

I tried a system restore with 5 different checkpoints but the comp will not restore. I downloaded a progam called "My Drivers" but don't really know how to get the drivers (if this is the problem) back on. I can't install from Device Manager, it won't let me and it also won't let me roll back.

Microsoft says I should uninstall, but I don't have a disk for these things, they came installed with the computer.

Pls help!!!!!!!

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
9,126 Posts
If the errors cause a dump file to be stored in C:\Windows\minidump, post one of the recent ones here as an attachment and I'll attempt to debug it.
Note: Must change the .dmp file extension to .txt (or one of the valid ones listed).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.