Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in the navy and space is limited to how many dvds and other personal stuff i can have.
im trying to find a good program that will rip dvds to computer with the option to have subtitle and extra features because on some dvds i need subs due to it being not in English and some movies i want the extra but not all. does any one know a good beginner friendly app for this? this is for my personal back up only.

thanks in advance nick

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you very much Cosmo99 i will look in to it. i didnt know making a back up of your own dvds could be breaking the copy pertection law. thanks for the info RootbeaR

nick

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
thank you very much Cosmo99 i will look in to it. i didnt know making a back up of your own dvds could be breaking the copy pertection law. thanks for the info RootbeaR

nick
It depends where your location is. I am in Canada and can do so legally.

You don't say where you live, so I don't know the legalities, but the boards are located in the states, so we/I can't help. Even though I can do it, the boards are covered by laws where they are located. I believe that means place of business location, not server location.

I don't think all DVDs' have protection on them. If it doesn't, it can be as simple as a R-click>Copy to

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
As mentioned, we don't assist in breaking copy protection at TSG, closed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.