Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
Well i have sorted all my other problems with my pc out and now i am gonna probably make a new one.
That is unless i ask for your assistance. Which i am doing.
I am getting a new GPU ATI Radeon HD4870
The market leading GPU i think. It costs uite a bit and so does my computer. So, i dont want to mess up the install.
I know there are guides and i know how to put it in but i have a few questions.
I have a SLI array at the moment, two nvidia 7950 GPUs, i soubt it, but woth a shot,

Is it possible to make a SLI/Crossifre array. So i have one of my nvidia GPUs working with my new ATI GPU. If it is possible is there a downside?

Not to do with the GPU but anyways, I have a 64 bit intel processor, i guess that is the only thing i need to allow Vista 64 bit to run.​

I think that is all the questions i have at the moment, if i think of anymore i wont hesitate to ask.
I am not getting the components for a few months, i will post about my installation closer to the date.

Thanks in advance
Duncan

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
You can't do a Radeon/GF mix array. CF and SLI are very picky about what you use, even of their own kind. Remember to completely remove your own graphics drivers before putting the new card in.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Well, 4850 CF would perform about 10-15% better(assuming the game takes full advantage of both cards), but that would be way more expensive, and you'd need a new motherboard to use CF.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.