Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to image a HD on to multiple DD (Double density) cdrs? I mean image it EXACTLY... with hidden diagnostic/boot partition and everything. I need to back up a drive onto cd and if anything goes wrong I don't have the win cd anymore for it and don't want to put Me on it, (which I unfortunately have) and so backing up on a different disk doen't preserve the hidden partition. I am hoping to make a sorta "quick restore" so that I can use the cds as the image drive possibly with the HD software that came with the drive, should I need it someday.

·
Registered
21,334 Posts
YES YOU CAN!! Programs like Ghost and most others do support disk spanning. You could just create the image and just use a program like Winrar or WInAce to chunk it up and save it across multiple CD's. There are lots of options. Why do you need that hidden partition anyway,,,just save your C: drive as an image.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because this is going to be for a compaq. It is an old one so it is from back when compaq was using the infamous "hidden partition" and they don't boot with out it. I need to be able to image it onto discs just like I would if I was imaging it onto another HD. This is the last of these three compaqs left here and so if I lose this one I won't have a copy of the partition and it is impossible to make... I have tried. Plus I am working on trying to uncover 15 lost GB... possibly corrupted FAT or something. How much do those programs go for and where can I get them?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.