Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased this game two days ago, we purchased our new Windows XP pc a month ago. Never had a problem with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone with the new computer. However, The Prisoner of Azkaban continually freezes our computer. My six year old was in tears he was so frustrated with the freezing (not to mention the parents). Please, does anyone know why this is happening? And how to fix this problem? I am at a loss. I would appreciate any assistance. Thank you.

·
Registered
506 Posts
1) Does it happen randomly? or at a certain spot?

2) What are the specifications of your system?

3) Are you sure that whatever you have match the system requirements stated on the box?

4) Are you sure that your drivers are up-to-date?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for responding.

The game freezes in random areas. Calm moments or action, far into the game or the beginning of a new level.

System requirements:

Game Windows XP, Me, 2000 or 98

Computer Windows XP

Game CPU: 600 MHz or faster

Computer: 2800+ AMD Athlon XP processor (no idea if this is the corresponding reponse)

Game RAM 256 MB or more

Computer 512 MB

Game (let me know if I'm boring you) 8x or faster CD/DVD drive

Computer (hope this is the right answer) Processor Speed 2.08 GHz 512 KB 12 cache 333 MHz

Game Hard drive 850 MB of free space

Computer 512 MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM memory 80 GB 7200 RPM Ultra DMA hard drive

Game Video DirectX 9.0

Computer No idea where to find this

Game Sound DirectX 9.0

Computer Again, no idea

Game Video card with 32 MB or more memory and one of these chip sets is required (ah this may be the problem?...I have no idea (again) how to find these in my computer system).

NVIDIA GeForce2 or greater; ATI Radeon or greater; Matrox Parhelia

Voila

Thank you again for your assistance.

·
Registered
506 Posts
yeah the graphics card could absolutely be the problem.

to find out what you have, right click on your desktop > properties > setting tab > advanced > then the adapter tab will tell you exactly what you have (at the top)(see screen shot below)
http://img41.exs.cx/img41/2781/ss11110zz.jpg
(sorry the pic is so big)

anyway, that could very well be it, because everything else looks good.
the only other thing i could think of is overheating.

·
Registered
506 Posts
oh, and that directx part is probably fine. chances are, if you didnt have 9.0, you wouldnt even be able to start the game. however, if you wanted to check, just go to your start menu, go to all programs, accessories, then command prompt. type in dxdiag then hit enter. this will bring up the Direct X Diagnostics tool. the version you have will be right at the bottom where it says "DirectX Version:"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.