Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I randomly get this BSOD maybe twice a week. Here is the error,

Terminal_Server_Driver_Made_Incorrect_Memory_reference

Stop 0x000000CF ( 0xBDCCCCCD, 0x00000000, oxBDCCCCCD, 0x00000002)

Thank you,

If you need any more info, please tell me

Mike

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
I don't trust any of those scanners. Just look in Device Manager for what hardware you have and go to the manufacturer's website. You'll want to update the chipset drivers of the motherboard, video drivers, sound drivers, network card drivers, and nay other devices you have connected.

Do you have all your Windows Updates installed as well?

And what version of Windows is on the computer?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I always have windows updates turned on and I just checked on the update site, they are all installed.

I am using Windows XP.

I'll check through the Device Manager

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How exactly do I update the drivers? I go to the Device Manager, right click on the certain devices and click "Update Driver...". But there are never any updates found.

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
No, you go to the manufacturer's website, look up the correct driver and download it. Start by identifying the motherboard model.

SIW may help you identify the hardware: http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html
The motherboard manufacturer's site would likely have most of the drivers you need, but for any add-in cards you'd have to go to their website; for example if you have an ATI video card then you'd go to www.ati.com.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
You should download the latest driver for each piece of hardware you have in your computer. They have only the latest ones listed/available there so you don't have to worry about which one is the latest. There is only one problem with downloading drivers from the Dell site. There may be multiple drivers listed for different brands or models of hardware for the same device.

It would seem that there should be exact information available for those able to enter their service tag; but, Dell doesn't think so and I think this is a shortcoming on their part.

Example: There are three different drivers listed for your video card for that model. There is no way to know for absolutely certain which is yours unless there is enough detail in there to help you at Start> Control Panel> System> Device manager.

Hint: The "Communuication" driver listed at the Dell site is your dial-up modem.

Look at the description of the download and download only the ones listed as drivers and leave applications, manuals, utilities, firmware, etc. alone. They are not drivers. I advise you against updating the BIOS. I see no indication this is your problem and updating the BIOS can make your computer brain dead if something goes wrong.

Braindead: Totally and absolutely useless and unrepairable main board.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Hi Mike in the driver and download section you can enter your service tag number or the model of the computer and it will list all those available for the particular computer.. Then its a matter of double checking what you have as to what the have on offer.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.