Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reinstalled Windows today due to a supposed hard drive failure. I have two hard drives, one which had all of my things on it, and one which, now, has the newly installed version of Windows (It had nothing on it prior to the Windows installation). I connected the formerly empty hard drive and set it as my master drive and connected my former "everything" hard drive and set it as my slave drive. I cannot access anything in that drive via Windows Explorer.

Any help is appreciated. I promise.

·
Registered
250 Posts
osiecki said:
I cannot access anything in that drive via Windows Explorer.
You cannot access the drive or you can access the drive and save new file on there but everything is gone? If you cannot access the drive the most likely you need to get ownership back, in properties, security, owner and add new owner and inherit to child objects...etc if it's the later case, then I guess you formated the wrong drive or something I don't know.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't do anything with the drive, because every time I try to open it it asks me if I want to format it, but I don't because it has everything I need on it.

General Drive Properties:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, and I don't see how having any specific program on that drive would be of value since I can't even access it.

And you're probably wondering "well, maybe if it doesn't see anything, not even capacity in the properties, then maybe you didn't connect it properly..."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.