Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, somehow my hard drive is blank. All it has is a partition that says x:Boot. There are no other partitions. I cant install any version of windows, ubuntu or anything. What can I do to create a partition.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
I take it that this drive is a slave drive? Right click Computer on the desktop and select Manage Click Disk Management Right click on the drive in question and select Format Select NTFS and name the drive whatever you want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I am not a computer tech. Once I download this program, what do I do. I don't know command lines, code and all that jazz. Is there a walk through for it?

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
You downloaded gparted-live-0.7.1-5.iso (119.6 MB) to a Windows machine? If so, double click on the .iso to create a bootable CD. If Windows doesn't know what to do with the file then download and install ISO Recorder and try again.

Then boot to the newly created CD. I have one machine that "fights" with GParted, but on the others the boot is pretty easy. Mostly just take the defaults, and you will end up with a GUI, and a display of your hard drive. You can create, delete, resize, format, etc., partitions w/o knowing any low level commands or code or whatever. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.