Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Thursday I bought two DVDs of software at the Digital Mall, a place where pirated software abounds. I installed Photoshop all right (although it's not going now), but when I tried to install Dreamweaver, it didn't work (it told me that my system didn't have enough RAM,but I don't think this is related). I tried it again, and I got a blue screen saying that Windows had to shut down and "Beginning dump of physical memory". I restarted the computer, and when I got to Windows, my ASUS NB Probe, which monitors system status, said that the status was "Fatal". In the Hard Drive section it said "S.M.A.R.T: Start/Stop count Throughput performance". Now every time I start my computer I get a message saing something like "Hard Disk status BAD, Backup and Replace". To start the computer now, I have to press F2 to get into the setup, and then press Esc to discard changes and exit. I backed up all my data and used my computer's recovery disc to reformat the hard drive, but while the recovery process was going on, the same error message appeared during the numerous system restarts. Obviously reformatting the hard drive didn't fix the problem. There doesn't seem to be anything else wrong with the computer (although I had to reinstall Word last night and Photoshop wouldn't run, and I took it off but it won't let me reinstall [I got the same error message saying Windows had been shut down when I tried]).

What does the error message mean? Does it mean that I have to replace my hard drive? Or is there something else that I can do? I do not have enough money to buy a new hard drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.