Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm getting an error message from the Halo trial as I try to run it, saying "A problem occured initializing Direct3D. Hardware acceleration maybe disabled, please run DXDIAG."

·
Registered
104 Posts
to go into Dxdiag go to start-->all programs-->accessories-->system tools-->System Information. When that pops up in one of the drop down menu where tools is click on dxdiag. when that loads up go to the graphics section and run all tests. If a problem pops up post back with the error. I think their is an option to turn on direct 3d in their but im not sure (im on a college computer and can't touch it).

·
Registered
997 Posts
or click start menu>run and type dxdiag and itll load it up. Make sure you have dx 9c (get it from microsofts website)

do you use a graphics card or is it on board?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Errr every DXDIAG test runs fine, I can run HL2 on full settings with no problems o_O so it's obviously a problem with the game not my PC, would you like to recommend some older ATI drivers that would possibly make it work though?

·
Super Moderator
43,946 Posts
I never had a 9550... actually I never had an ATI card. I have a Voodoo 3200 16Mb card since '98.

I think when you go the link of one of them, there is a listing of all the drivers available, in date order.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gah I'm not gonna bother, I think there's a fix for the problem I'm having that I can download for the official game, but the fix doesn't work for the trial... nevermind.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Just buy halo2 instead. Its much better. Older drivers wouldnt do anything. Did you try uninstalliung and reinstalling with ur virus protection off?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.