Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had Halo 2 for three days now and have yet to play it because it is slowly killing my computer. And I don't mean it's to much for it, it's just killing it. I launch the game and it doesnt open, I have to click the bar at the bottom 4 or 5 times for it to open, then when I try to connect to Live the game crashes completely or, a few seconds later, my computer goes into a permanent power save mode, so I have to turn it off with the button. Someone please help, I got this for my little bro and he's kinda sad that it won't work and its making me go insane trying to fix it.

I would've posted this in the H2V Support Forums but they don't friggin work, like Halo.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Check for any update driver for the Video card........to find out what card it has go to

Open Device Manager

Press down and hold the Windows Logo key the press the Pause Break key together another screen will open..
click on Device Manager
Go down the list and click on the + sign for Sound,video and expand it....see what is says for your Video card is.

Then go to the link below and download the driver for it to your desktop and install it and restart the PC

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...&os=WLH&osl=en&catid=&impid=&SystemID=XPS_720

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help but it didn't work, I gave up the windows live thing and tried to play offline, but when I hit campaign, my computer went into power save mode again and had to hit the button.

-EDIT: Turns out no certain thing puts my computer into Power Save, just being in Halo 2 for a bit makes it go into power save.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just uninstalled the game because I'm tired of trying, hope I get mah money back... But it has a Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTW with 1 Gig of memory, also, I usually always have my res at 1680x1050 and I'm pretty sure the game was in 1280x1024 because my background got big and fuzzy before the game opened.

I read about the power save problem and it looks like it has something todo with the motherboard battery or a dusty graphics card so Im going to clean out my comp and check stuff out some time next week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.