Tech Support Guy banner

Half of screen is frozen when at 144hz

1790 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  NaderHussain
I have been using my laptop, ACER Nitro 5, for 8 months now and been running it at 144hz refresh rate since. When I was working on a program for my school project, my computer screen starts showing horizontal lines. After a while, the bottom part of the horizontal line became frozen/blank. When I tried switching to 60hz, the problem seems to go away and the screen looks just fine. This problem only shows when I am running my laptop at 144hz.

Does anyone know what is the cause and how to fix it? Also, this problem also shows when running in BIOS when set at 144hz beforehand.

Computer Personal computer Gadget Font Display device
Computer Font Operating system Display device Electronic device

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language, 64 bit, Build 19044, Installed 20210925160719.000000+480
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10300H CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 165 Stepping 2, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (123 GB Free); D: 931 GB (926 GB Free);
Motherboard: CML Stonic_CMS, ver V2.03, s/n NBQ7N110011234F0E73400
System: Insyde Corp., ver ACRSYS - 2, s/n NHQ7NSP00C123202FB3400
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated
See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This problem related to the monitor's display has to do with the refresh rate it is set to function with. What is the refresh rate the monitor supports? It seems like the monitor is running with a greater refresh rate than it could support since half the screen freezes at 144hz. Having the supported refresh rate on hand would provide us better before and after information related refresh rate changes and how the system is reacting to the two refresh rates you have set the display to function with. Also, another thing important to know by us is whether or not the laptop was purchased as a new product or as a refurbished product. If the laptop was refurbished, some specs may not be as per expected from a new laptop. Another thing that came to mind was the following. Does the computer program you are working on for your school project alter any system settings? This could be a potential factor to the screen display problems you mentioned.
See less See more
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.