Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I am new to group policies and I want to push basic policies and desktops to clients in a K-12 educational environment. The goal would be to make the workstations more tamper proof and reliable with regard to desktop, control panel options and so on while having the applications needed for class at login. I have groups of users by grade level and want to define policies and desktops for each group. I've used group policies to push install Microsoft Office to clients but I'm looking for a good resource to use as a reference guide as I attempt to begin the setup. How to's are also appreciated.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went the book attempting to create and link a mandatory profile to a group of users in my AD. I started with a test user i created in AD, went to my computer lab and logged in as that user and created a profile containing what I desire the user to have, logged off and logged on as the domain admin and went to copy the profile from user profiles on the pc back to my 2003 server and got a destination error, access denied message using the path to profile folder share I created on the server and permitting the test account to access the share. Isn't this how it works?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.