Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Curious that it doesn't get noticed by running the update process of AVG... I wonder what changed from the previous version, I have 7.0.323.

·
Registered
197 Posts
golferbob said:
downloaded it twice today. can't install because they didn't send licence number. the old number will not work.
Having exactly the same problem, golferbob :( I tried to install but first it said previous versions had to be uninstalled, so I did that. Now trying for the zillionth time to get this version...sigh ANY version as I am right now, AV unprotected :eek:

Matt < wishes he had read this thread for a while rather than jumping in big fat head first :eek:

PS Cannot find old license # as I think it went with the old version. Oh and I was ever so efficient and emptied my recycle bin :rolleyes: and cannot even do a system restore back to yesterday....drats :mad:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Success! :cool:

Using the AVG forum link in my previous post, go to this post, and click on the link within that post

Ahhh. You could be right, but why I click on your link and go to this address: [free.grisoft.com]

I get 'page cannot be displayed'
blah, blah, blah...

...Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

It is the FREE version and has the license # set up in there.

Go me :D :eek:

Matt

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
i read the grisoft form and didn't find out anything .iam luck i have a cd with the old AVG 7 323 on it ,so i reinstalled that one till i get a licence number. i download once from majorgeeks and the second time from grisoft. both the same ,no licence number.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
I suggest holding off on downloading this, it seems somewhat problematic at best. :D

·
Trusted Advisor
85,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sorry I posted this update. I thought I was doing everyone a favor who uses the free edition. Sometimes being well-meaning can backfire on you. :(

·
Registered
197 Posts
flavallee said:
I'm sorry I posted this update. I thought I was doing everyone a favor who uses the free edition. Sometimes being well-meaning can backfire on you. :(
Hey no worries, flavallee :D
It was another learning experience for me :up: and nothing that couldn't be undone was done ;) Besides, I now have a brand new AVG with no "history" :D

Matt

·
Registered
355 Posts
I downloaded the latest version of AVG earlier today, but encountered the same problem. I found this article just a bit ago that shows that the only update currently is for the paid version. I put the older Edition (7.0.323) back on and it's running fine. I just wish that the Web sites with the download would straighten out the issue. They have the latest update (7.0.336) shown as the AVG Free Edition, so it was a little misleading.

I hope that I've been of some help to everyone here.

Take care, all.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.