Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. i have been downloading and watching divx (.avi) movies for over a year now with no problems. i have the divx 3.11 codec and the divx 4.11 codec, as well as the newest version of media player. the other day, i got a file with no working audio. the guy i got it from said that i needed a codec that came with "powerdivx nextgen," available on divx-digest.com. i downloaded this program and installed it. not only did it not fix the audio problem, but now every single divx file shows up as a solid grey screen. the audio still works on all of them, but the video is only grey. today i figured out several new things. it only has this problem when i'm in my area of windows, not anybody else that uses the computer. also, when i turn the video on full screen, the picture is fine. i can then put the screen back on 100% and it looks fine. however, if i close it again and reopen it, the problem is back. i also figured out that it only affects divxs encoded with the 3.11 codec, not the newer 4.11 ones. i uninstalled all codecs and media player and reinstalled them, but nothing changed. please let me know what i can do, i want my videos back, and if possible, the audio on the new file. thanks in advance

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.